Videos (Coming Soon)
When the tool-set is complete there will be video tutorials available here to help new users get started with building Mixed Reality Worlds.
Common Controls: (Controls that work in all Builder modes)
Camera - Right Controller Position and Right DPad
Up/Down - Zoom in or out
Left/Right - Rotate the scene
Right Hand Movement - Move the scene
*Right Grip Hold/Toggle - From any builder mode you can swap to camera mode by holding the right hand grip button. Additionally for vive users I added an option to make this a sticky grip (press to toggle on/off) since its uncomfortable to hold the grips for long periods of time.
File Manager - Left Controller DPad
While the file manager is active, left and right go forward/back pages. Either up or down will return you to the last page. The left DPad is not used for anything else in the builder tools.
Menus - Activated with Main Hand Button Presses when the 3D cursor is near the button.
Mode Controls: (Controls that are mode specific)
Right Button Press - Action - Vive Right Trigger / Oculus Touch Right Trigger or A Button.
*This button is used for some sort of primary action based on the mode.
Left Button Press - Back - Vive Left Trigger / Oculus Touch Left Trigger or X Button.
*This button has some undo type effect such as back or delete based on the mode
Hold Left Grip + Right Trigger Press - Shortcut - (Oculus Touch can press just B optionally)
*This button is a shortcut for common actions based on the mode.
Scaling - Up/Down
Cycling - Left/Right
*In most cases this is holding instead of pressing
(Additional Shortcuts could be possible and might come as user created options later. But for now I feel it just complicates things to use more buttons.)
Select Object Mode: (The object nearest to your cursor is highlighted)
- Action - Pickup (Go To Place Object Mode)
- Back - Ignore object for this round (For when an object gets in the way and you cant target what you want)
- Pose-able object -> Go to Pose Detail Mode without picking up object
- Event object -> Activate Event
- Up/Down - Adjust Cursor Position
- Left/Right - Reserved - Coming Soon
Place Object Mode:
- Normal Object - Stamp Copy of Held Object
- Pose-able Object - Drop Object (Go To Pose Detail Mode)
- Back - Delete Held (Go To Select Object Mode)
- ShortCut - Drop Object (Go To Select Object Mode)
- Up/Down - Scale object
- Normal Object - Rotate object in hand
- Pose-able - Cycle Initial Pose (Can only be done once per new model)
Pose Detail Mode (Basic Version):
- Action - Toggle Joint Rotation on/off (When on rotating controller, rotates the joint)
- Back - Drop Object (if held) and Go To Select Object Mode
- ShortCut* - Pickup Object in left hand
- This is a slightly modified ShortCut key that only requires the left grip press
- Up/Down - New Features Coming Soon (open/close selected hand/finger)
- Left/Right - New Features Coming Soon (cycle selected hand/finger)
Adjust Lighting Mode and Explore Mode:
- Action - NA
- Back - Exit Mode and Return to Select
- ShortCut - NA
- Up/Down - (Adjust Lighting Only) Light Intensity*
- Adjust Time of day to choose which light your adjusting. Day or Night.
- Left/Right - Adjust Time of Day
*Play Test mode controls are simply left stick for movement and Right hand presses for Action/Jump.
Menu Commands: Menus that are activated with the 3D cursor will drive most everything else that is needed.
- Layer Selecting
- Layer Visibility
- Position Locks
- Grid Visibility Toggle
- Start Play Test Mode
- Choose Background/New Lighting System